"But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh, we deprive a soul of the sun, and light, and of that proportion of life and time they had been born into the world to enjoy."
"being interested in pop culture makes you vapid and unintelligent"
translation: im a miserable pissbaby. im deep because i smoke cheap cigarettes and take my coffee black. have u ever heard of friedrich nietzsche. im so alone.
setting “daddy doms” on fire and watching them scream as they burn to death is my kink don’t kink shame ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
Aya Kamikawa: Why she kicks ass
- She is the only openly transgender official in Japan at this point, and the first to seek or win elected office in Japan.
- She won a four-year term as an independent under huge media attention, placing sixth of 72 candidates running for 52 seats in the Setagaya ward assembly, the most populous district in Tokyo. In April 2007, she was re-elected to her second term, placing second of 71 candidates running for 52 in the same ward assembly.
- While the government announced that they would continue to consider her male officially, she stated that she would work as a woman.
- She is devoted to work for various groups, the disabled, single-parent families, homeless people to evening junior high school students, LGBT people and to improve rights for women, children, the elderly. She strives to give support for these people and bring positive changes which would help them in society.
- She was also a committee member for Trans-net Japan (a self-support group for transgender people) and organised meetings and social events to give support and symposiums to raise the public awareness.
"i’m sorry because i’ve realized that what i said was fucked up and harmful" is very, very different from "i’m sorry because now people are mad at me and i want to placate them so that they’ll stop criticizing me" and the two are not interchangeable
The Blue Arch of a Mosque in Esfahan. Photo and caption by Tandis Khodadadian (Woodland Hills, CA); Photographed April 2013, Esfahan, Iran.
seeing as everyone has raised so much awareness for breast cancer on facebook recently, I would really love it if my tumblr friends/followers would reblog this post to raise some awareness for the condition i suffer from - cystic fibrosis. there’s no cure for my condition BUT we are so close to getting one. All we need is more awareness! cystic fibrosis is a GENETIC condition that mainly affects the lungs and digestive system. It’s a fault in my dna, and it causes thick sticky mucus to gather around my lungs and other organs.this then makes me more vulnerable to dangerous bacteria growing in my lungs and more lung infections. with every lung infection i get, the tissue in my lungs get damaged more every time. around 2.5 MILLION of you in the uk carry the “cf” gene, and if two people with the cf gene have a baby, the baby has a 1 in 4 chance of having cystic fibrosis. thats what happened to my mum and dad and me, and to around 10,000 people in the uk. there are only 80,000 people in the world with my condition and its a very serious life-threatening disease. the life expectancy is just 41 years old but with ongoing research it goes up every year. nobody knows what it is unless they know someone with it (like me) so PLEASE PLEASE would anyone just reblog this to raise awareness. children and young adults still die because of this disease because some people have it A LOT worse than others. I may look healthy on the outside but on the inside its a different story. my condition will inevitably get worse over time but there are treatments and medication to delay the damage. If you want to donate any money to the cystic fibrosis trust you can just text CFTG14 and the amount you want to donate (for example £1) and text it to 70070. There is a high possibility that a cure will happen in my lifetime, we just NEED the awareness. unlike cancer, we don’t have millions of pounds being donated every day and it would be AMAZING if it happened to us. If you don’t want to donate thats fine, just please reblog or even like it to make it appear on everyones dashboard. thank you!